Human Resources Generalist
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
OFFICE LOCATION: Fort Wayne, IN
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Who You Are
You are well versed in all areas within HR and enjoy no day being the same. Being the only HR professional in a startup company that is rapidly growing excites you. You are a go-getter and a self-starter. You enjoy being the go-to person for HR-related questions and needs. If this sounds like you, please continue reading.
What You’ll Do
As the Human Resources Generalist, you’re responsible for managing and administering everything HR-related for Techficient. You’ll work closely with business leaders to support our business. To be successful, you will have to:
• Review and update our existing policies in preparation for us to reach 50 employees. Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
• Creation of HR process documentation.
• Perform tasks required to administer and execute HR programs, included but not limited to compensation, benefits administration (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD, LTD, 401k, etc.) and leave, performance management, disciplinary matters, recognition, training, and development.
• Recruit, interview, and facilitate the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborate with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
• Coordinate new hire orientation with the candidate and hiring manager. Perform all pre-employment administration and new hire data entry.
• Handle and resolve all inquiries from applicants, employees, and managers.
• Conduct terminations.
• Maintain our HRIS system and conduct payroll processing.
• Assure fair and consistent administration of all human resources policies and practices.
What You Need
• Effective time management and maintain integrity and confidentiality in all matters – active listening, responding and resolution to employee issues and concerns.
• Must demonstrate a thorough understanding of federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
• Must be detail-oriented, demonstrate leadership qualities, great judgment, and decision-making skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
• Self-motivated and able to deal with ambiguity and manage multiple project deliverables and deadlines.
• Adapt well to change and problem solves quickly and smoothly.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or equivalent experience in a related field is required.
• Minimum of two years of Human Resources experience required.
Techficient is an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.